The Future Of Lath
SpiderLath is designed to be a replacement alternative for metal lath in conjunction with the following products: Manufactured stone veneer; one and three-coat stucco; natural stone thin veneer, concrete countertops; plaster; and tile.
SpiderLath offers corrosion-free material designed to last the life of the material being applied to it. It is made of AR fiberglass, a known material compatible with cementitous materials. It uses a twisted weave to aid in keying the mortar.
SpiderLath adds tensile and flexural strength to the cementitous material providing a stronger bond. Versatile and strong enough to use with heavyweight products such as three-coat stucco and natural stone veneer.
Features/Benefits of SpiderLath Strip System:
- Self Furring Standoffs – Holds SpiderLath off the wall, allowing mortar to fully encapsulate the mesh. This creates a fiberglass reinforced scratch coat, providing optimal strength and flexibility. SpiderLath gives you a better wall and less cracking.
- Nailing Guide – Eliminates random fastening by following our code approved installation guidelines
- Gasket Sealer – Seals around fastener hole, preventing water penetration to the substrate, thus eliminating dry rot and mold.
- Shock Absorber – Reduces the blow of the fastener, eliminating damage to the glass fibers
Features/Benefits of the SpiderLath mesh:
- Reduced Labor Costs – SpiderLath can be installed in about ½ the time that it takes to install metal lath. Click for the SpiderLath vs. metal lath time study.
- Corrosion Free – will not rust or corrode. SpiderLath is made from molten fiberglass and coated with Zirconium Dioxide to make it alkali resistant.
- Easy to spread mortar on – SpiderLath uses a twisted weave and has a smooth, stiff coating.
- Easy to transport – Weighs only 20 lbs per 300 sq.ft. roll. This is equivalent to 18 sheets of 2.5 metal lath, which would weigh about 90 lbs.
- Easy to use – cuts with scissors or a knife. Lath scratches and cuts are eliminated.
- Stronger Wall – encapsulating SpiderLath with cementitious material gives you a fiberglass reinforced coating that is strong and flexible.
- Versatile – can be installed horizontally, vertically or diagonally. Strong enough to use with heavy weight products such as 3 coat stucco and natural stone veneer.
SpiderLath – Compared to Metal Lath
Unlike the SpiderLath Fiberglass Lath System, metal lath is subject to severe damage from rust due to moisture intrusion.